Organique Acai Premium Blend: Powerful Antioxidants in a Bottle
The acai (pronounced ah-sah-ee) is the tallest palm tree in the Amazon jungle, growing up to 80 feet. Its small, dark purple berries have been a staple in the diet of the indigenous people of Brazil for centuries. “They consume it regularly and it is what they use to remedy aches and pains, from infection to stomach problems,” relates Cathy Salimbangon, Vice-President for Marketing of Organique Inc.
Touted by many as the king of superfoods, the acai berry is rich in antioxidants which combats cell damage. “It’s basically a cellular approach, our cells are being attacked by free radicals from the pollutants around us, antioxidants help repair them,” Cathy simplifies. “So your body is replenished and functions better overall. You have more energy, signs of aging are delayed, your immune system is strengthened,” she enumerates. Acai berries also contain omega oils which is necessary for the proper function of the brain and cardiovascular system. “It has all the basic vitamins and minerals that our body needs aside from being high in dietary fiber.”
And it is this same berry that is found in Organique Acai Premium Blend. “Among those available in the market, our product has the highest concentration of Acai and we are USDA organic-certified, the United States Department of Agriculture sets the standards for US organic products,” claims Cathy. The USDA Organic seal indicates that the contents of a product is 95% or more certified organic. Meaning, free of synthetic additives like pesticides, chemical fertilizers and dyes and must not be processed using industrial solvents, irradiation or genetic engineering.
A registered nurse, Cathy worked in Geriatrics in the United States and Canada for several years. She saw how lifestyle impacted one’s body. This was what prompted her and husband Elton, who worked in the nutraceuticals industry, to launch Organique Acai Premium Blend in 2009. “It’s very important to be pro-active in taking care of your body. It is best to start while you’re young and to go for natural measures, as much possible”.
TV host and wellness icon Cory Quirino, who has been aware of the health benefits of acai berry long before it hit Philippine shores was more than happy to advocate Organique Acai Premium Blend. “Organique Acai Premium Blend keeps me feeling good and looking good,” she was heard saying during the intimate lunch with the media held recently. Even during out of town trips, Cory makes sure she takes her daily dose.
Dancer and fitness enthusiast Regine Tolentino was as quick to testify, “Organique Acai Premium Blend helps maintain my energy level throughout the day, even with back to back Zumba classes.”
The recommended dose of Organique Acai Premium Blend is 30-60ml per day depending on the health conditions of the person. “If you’re down with something, you can double dose or triple dose it because you need more nutrients when you’re sick. It is best taken with an empty stomach — pure, with water, with ice or added to your smoothie,” suggests Cathy.
Organique Acai Premium Blend is also distributed in the United States, Hong Kong, Japan and the Middle East. Each 946-ml bottle sells for P2,500 at Mercury Drug, Pure Pharmacy, Robinson’s Supermarket, South Star Drug, Watsons.
For more information, log on to www.organique.asia or call (02) 4703580/(0922) 888 7884. For social media updates, type “Organique Acai” on Facebook, “@organiqueacai” on Twitter and “organiqueacai” on Instagram.
Reasons to Drink Organique Acai Premium Blend
- Helps build a strong body by providing protein – Açai has more proteins than an average egg. Proteins are the primary components of some hormones and body tissues, including muscles and organs. Proteins also make up the outer layers of hair, nail and skin.
- Cleanses and detoxifies the body – Açai has been used for centuries to cleanse the body of contaminants.
- Enhances muscle contractions and muscle regeneration – Açai’s mix of essential amino acids and trace minerals are vital for strength and recovery after strenuous activities.
- Increases energy and enhances stamina. – Açai’s nutrients and large amount of natural lipids provide needed energy to engage in competitive sports and tackle daily chores.
- Stress relief- the Açai berry can help regulate stress levels and repair the body.
- Improves sexual health – Açai’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties can counter infertility due to stress, pollution and factors related to free radicals.
- Aids body synergy – Acai’s immune-system-strengthening qualities help protect the entire body.
- A potent anti-aging food – the regenerative nutrients and strong antioxidants in Açai keep cells operating optimally and may slow aging.
- May help prevent prostate enlargement – the antioxidant punch of Açai may be a powerful weapon in the fight against benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), commonly known as enlarged prostate.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis in women – Açai has a significant amount of Calcium, which helps strengthen the bones, prevent fractures and can help prevent osteoporosis.
- Ease menstrual cycles – Women who experience extreme menstrual pain can also benefit from Açai juice. Calcium-rich foods help coate the lining of the stomach and uterus and help reduce the pain from cramps and bloating.
- May help prevent causes of heart diseases – the berry contains the antioxidant, polyphenols, a principal source of heart protection. One anthocyanin, cyaniding-2-glucoside, may improve the production of nitric oxide (NO) in endothelial cells. It does not allow vessel walls to relax and expand, resulting in less stress on the heart, decreased risk of vessel blockage and an increased blood flow.
- Reduces bad cholesterol – in addition to its high antioxidant content, Açai is rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs). A large body of research indicates that EFAs help reduce harmful LDL cholesterol while supporting levels of the beneficial HDL cholesterol, which can lead to better blood circulation.
- Sterols may lower blood pressure (BP) – sterols are components of plant cell membranes providing numerous benefits to the human body. Sterols are currently being used to treat symptoms associated with BP.
- Protects blood vessels – the anthocyanins in Açai protect small and large blood vessels, including veins, arteries and capillaries.
- Help thwart retinopathy – in diabetes, weak capillaries can lead to a condition called retinopathy, which often leads to blindness. Açai helps protect capillaries.
- Improves glucose and lipid levels – Açai’s lower glycemic index improves glucose and lipid level in diabetics.
- Weight control – Açai’s low glycemic index also helps control appetite and delay hunger, which can help individuals trying to lose weight.
- Acai can improve resistance to diseases – by boosting the immune system, Açai’s rich nutrient profile helps boost the body’s natural defenses.
- Improved function of immune cells – recent findings published in the International Journal of Sports Medicine indicate that Açai’s beta-sitosterol prevents immune suppression and modulates the lymphocyte activity.
- Prevents free-radical damage to the immune system – free radical damage (or oxidation) is one of the primary causes of immune weakness or dysfunction.
- Can thwart viruses, bacterial infections and funguses – Açai can reduce the frequency of infectious diseases.
- Acts as an antimutagenic – Açai’s antioxidant properties help prevent damage to DNA, which lowers the risk posed by carcinogens and mutagens.
- Improved digestion – Açai’s dietary fiber helps promote the health of the digestive tract, including colon.
- Overcomes acid-reflux diseases (GERD) – The broad array of antioxidants in Açai may help protect and repair the lower esophagus damaged by GERD, and its acid-suppression effects reduce the acidity of stomach contents when reflux does occur.
- Heals ulcers – the antibacterial properties of Açai’s kills bad bacteria, fungi and parasites, including H. pylori, the ulcer-causing bacteria.
- Helps relieves symptoms of Crohn’s disease – Açai’s anti-inflammatory abilities may prevent the malabsorption of vital nutrients by preventing damage to the wall of the small intestine.
- Improves skin tone – Açai’s phytosterols helps reduce the erosion of the skin’s protective coating.
- Defends against premature wrinkles – because it is so high in anthocyanins and phytosterols, Açai helps protect connective tissues, including collagen.
- May thwart cancer – the antioxidant protection of Açai may lower cancer risk for several types, including breast, lung, skin and stomach cancers, by neutralizing free radicals before they can damage cells.
- Reduces arthritis pain – anti-inflammatory properties of Açai may offer relief of arthritis suffers.
- Relieves symptoms of asthma – Açai’s vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties found to improve symptoms of asthma.
- May reduce risk for Alzheimer’s disease – t 2004 study from the Archives of Neurology found a reduced risk or Alzheimer’s desease with increased amounts of vitamin C and E found in Açai.
- Aids vision – the beta carotene and C in Açai promote eye health, including reducing the complications of macular degeneration in diabetics.
- Helps maintain health teeth and gums – the calcium in Açai may mean a whiter smile and stronger teeth, as well as the prevention of gingivitis and other gum diseases.
- Improves mental clarity – Açai’s omega-3 fats are crucial for proper mental function and alertness.
- Better sleep – the vitamin B and other nutrients in Açai reduce stress and help brain cells communicate by assisting with the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin.
- Promotes overall wellness.