Easy Oven-Baked Barbecue Ribs
A quick recipe you can whip up for a party, a get-together, or even if you fancy having it for a weekend lunch or dinner!
You Will Need:
- TenderBites Baby Back Pork Ribs (2.2 lbs or 1kg)
- Salt and Pepper (for seasoning)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Barbeque sauce for basting (you can use your favorite store-bought sauce, or use your preferred sauce recipe)
Note: If you want the most tender ribs, you can opt to remove the membrane (the thin layer underneath the ribs ; some butchers already do this) ; but you can leave them on if you like your ribs to have a bite or chewiness to it.
- Preheat your oven to 135°C.
- Season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper. Afterward, apply your dry rub to your ribs. (Making sure that all parts are covered).
- If you have a roasting pan, place the ribs meat-side up. Or you can put it on a foil and cover it with another foil (wrap it like a parcel)
- Bake until the meat is tender (for 2 or 2 1/2 hours). (Note: If you like ribs that fall off the bone, you can bake them for longer).
- If you find the tenderness to your liking, remove the ribs from the oven. Discard the foil.
- Generously brush your ribs with the barbeque sauce.
- Tip: You can move your oven rack near the top of the oven for that charred and smoky flavor. Put your oven to broiler mode, and broil for a few minutes or just until the barbeque sauce caramelizes. (Keep a close eye on your ribs as to not burn them).
Serve your ribs with a salad, mashed potatoes, or rice. Enjoy!
If you want to use other cuts of meat, you can be certain that TenderBites has them.
For premium quality meat, TenderBites got you covered!