Elegantly Easy King Cup Sardines Recipes You Can Whip Up at Home
A certified Filipino staple and one of the most versatile and sustainable canned products of all time, sardines is not just a meal for the broke. Full of nutrients like iron, calcium, B Vitamins, and heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids, the skin and bones are completely edible too!
In partnership with Luxent Hotel Executive Chef Kim Dalisay, here are some of the recipes you can create with King Cup Sardines that are totally a luxurious treat anytime of the day.
Pasta Aglio Olio with Sautéed King Cup Sardines
Filling and comforting, this is the ultimate representation of a quick and easy weeknight pasta dish. Additionally, it packs a ton of flavors without the calorie-laden ingredients!
- 2 cans King Cup Sardines with Chili, drained
- 4kg Angel hair
- 500ml Pure olive oil
- 500g Garlic
- 10g Garlic powder
- 4g Pepper
- 250g Parmesan cheese
- 250g Parsley
- Boil water with salt in a pot. Add angel hair pasta and boil it for 10 minutes until al dente.
- In a pan, add pure olive oil, then sauté garlic, and King Cup Sardineson medium heat.
- Add the pasta and toss well, then sprinkle with salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and chili flakes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Sicilian King Cup Pizza
Punched up with cheese and herbs, this recipe is also perfect on toast. Deliciously affordable and a healthier alternative when you don’t feel like ordering pizza from a fast food, you can also serve this baked dish with a simple salad to complete this comforting meal.
- 2 cans King Cup Sardines in Tomato Sauce
- 500g Pizza crust
- 350g Mozzarella cheese
- 120g Parmesan cheese
- 200ml Tomato sauce
- 20g Dried oregano
- 200g Onion rings
- Top the pizza crust with tomato sauce (make sure to leave about an inch of bare dough around the edges of the crust), mozzarella cheese, parmesan, dried oregano, onion rings, and sardines.
- Bake until the cheese and crust begin to brown, about 20 min.
- Let cool for 5 min.
- Slice into square and serve.
Herbed Butter Crostini with King Cup Sardines Pâté
Impress family and friends with a creamy pâté that’s surprisingly inexpensive and simple to make. But instead of liver, this recipe is made of King Cup Sardines that provides a rich and mellow flavor. Great on toasts and salads too, so it makes the perfect accompaniment when entertaining at home.
- 1 can King Cup Sardines, drained
- 2g French bread
- 7g Butter
- 3g Garlic
- 1g Parsley
- .05g Lemon zest
- 1.5g Butter (for pâté)
- 1 tsp Fresh thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 425 °F.
- Melt the butter on a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sardines and stir until they dissolve, around 3 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, garlic, and lemon zest.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Brush the top of the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the bread is golden and toasty, around 7-10 minutes.
King Cup has two variants: King Cup Sardines in tomato sauce and King Cup Sardines in tomato sauce with chili added are available at all leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide. For more information, visit www.permex.com.ph and follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/KingCupA1Sardines/. Contact the Sales and Marketing at (02) 3666054 located at 232 Baesa Industrial Terminal Quirino Highway Q.C.