Australian Sirloin Steaks with Roasted Garlic Hollandaise Sauce
- 2 pcs thick-cut Australian Sirloin steaks (about 2-3 inches thick)
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
For the Hollandaise:
- 2 bars butter
- 6 egg yolks
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 heads garlic, roasted
- parsley or chives, chopped finely
- Remove Australian Sirloin steaks from packaging and let them get to room temperature.
- In a saucepan, melt butter gently. Keep clarified butter part and discard milky substance.
- Using Bosch MUM8 Professional Mixer, whisk egg yolks and lemon juice until pale and frothy.
- Remove Bosch MUM8 mixing bowl and place over saucepan with simmering water to form a double boiler.
- Continue whisking by hand until mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Place Bosch MUM8 mixing bowl back to the mixer and mix using whisk attachment.
- While whisking, very slowly add clarified butter, one tablespoon at a time until all the butter is used and sauce resembles mayonnaise.
- Chop and crush roasted garlic until it becomes a paste and add to the hollandaise sauce. Add chopped chives or parsley and season to taste. Set aside, covered.
- For the Australian Sirloin steaks, season heavily with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Sear in a very hot pan until all sides are well browned.
- Roast in preheated oven at 200°C for 12 minutes for medium-rare.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes then slice across the grain. Spoon roasted garlic hollandaise over Australian Sirloin steak slices.
|JOIN US ON OUR NEWSLETTER!|