Six Ways to Kick-Start Your Fitness Routine According to Celebrity Triathlete Carlene Aguilar-Ocampo
We can describe moms in many ways—hard working, hectic, hurried. But how about healthy?
Living and loving a balanced life these days is close to impossible, especially for mothers who wear many hats on a daily basis. That’s why we’ve sought the help of celebrity beauty queen turned tri-athlete Carlene Aguilar-Ocampo, for her tried and tested tips on how a hands-on mom like her, remains rock-solid while juggling with family, work, and other commitments.
- Make it a family affair. “My three boys and I love spending time together in action. Not only we eat out, watch movies together, or go to the mall, we enjoy being on the move as well. Activities like wall climbing, swimming, and fun runs are just some of the things we love to do as a family!” said Carlene. “This way, we can take their eyes off their gadgets and look forward to doing engaging activities that make us closer than ever, “she added.
- Challenge yourself. We’re not saying that intimidation is just in your head, the struggle is real, ladies! But for Carlene, a larger than life transformation is possible when you push yourself harder and stronger. “I started the sports in 2016 with losing weight as the ultimate reason in mind. But as time passed by, I realized that this is something I wanted to be seriously part of, so I joined an aquathlon and unexpectedly bagged the 3rd And as they say, the rest is history!” she quipped. “My point is that it’s never too late to achieve your dreams in life as long as you’re ready to tackle them with determination.” Truly, Carlene proves that mastering the elusive work-life balance can be tricky, but getting out of our comfort zone is one of the secrets to ensure we’re always on top of our game!
- Set a goal and stick to it. Carlene’s triathlon career was marked by small beginnings with getting that foot out of the door as the first step. And the truth is, whether in sports or other things in life, not all situations or people will be on our side. “Obstacles are fact of life, but if we focus on what we’re not or what we can’t do, we wouldn’t have the time, energy, and even the motivation to move towards our goal. Where do you want to go? What should you start now or stop doing? Do you want to think why you don’t have time to get moving or are you going to shift your focus on how you can get up 30 minutes early so you can set yourself towards your goal? What is it worth to you?” said Carlene.
- Find something that motivates you. According to Carlene, “There was a time that my weight went on a plateau and I wanted to shed those extra pounds. But then, hitting the gym wasn’t for me, because I’m the type who wants to do something different every day. Triathlon brings out the best in me and I’m pretty jazzed about the challenge of becoming better every race.” And for Carlene, it doesn’t also hurt that she has got three fun-loving kids who keep her motivated. “I have three boys—my eldest Calix who’s ten, followed by Marcus who’s six, and my youngest Hunter, now three. I want to be able to keep up with their strength and energy year after year, so getting fit and healthy is an absolute must to make it happen for me.”
- Get-up-and-go. Not a morning person? Carlene shares some tips how you can (happily) get up at the crack of dawn, “While everyone requires a different amount of sleep, I’ve discovered that being a morning person starts at night, in your bedroom. Set boundaries with work, social media, other areas of your life that may cause restlessness, and have a consistent bed time. It’s a discipline with tons of benefits—more time to prepare for the day, increased productivity, and better performance at work.” Does she think it has a better advantage than working out at night? “Absolutely, exercise is an instant energy boost and a great way for the body to release the happy hormones, endorphins. Whether it’s a run, swim, bike, yoga, or gym—it’s a sure fire way to get pumped for the day ahead!
- Love yourself. “Loving yourself in a balanced way won’t only be beneficial for yourself but for people around you. The old adage you can’t give what you don’t have can’t be truer, so embracing who you are and how God created you to be is vital to becoming an emotionally healthy person. Carlene adds, “Besides, if you won’t take care of yourself, who else will? Looking good and feeling better is just the beginning, I know that my choice of keeping myself in excellent shape allows me to be an effective conduit of love and strength for other people.”
There are actually tons of doable and simple little things to start your wellness routine off right. And for active and athletic Carlene, she doesn’t undermine the importance of sanitary pad that provides an all-around protection when that time of the month rolls around. “I’m partial to Jeunesse Anion that provides a reprieve from odor, stain, and leaks. Most importantly, it stays where it should be. In fact, my daily must-have is the panty liners to keep me fresh and worry-free. All variants, especially with wings are also consistently reliable for my day-to-day grind whether at work, home or on the run!”
Available at Watsons, Mercury Drug Stores, and other leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide, Jeunesse Anion also offers ultra day non-wing, ultra day pad, ultra night pad, all-night pad, panty liner to and the all-new singles variant to help every woman to go through their period with ease and comfort. For hassle-free shopping with the convenience of free delivery straight to your doorstep, visit www.lazada.com.ph and www.shopee.ph.
Wellgold International Inc. distributes Jeunesse Anion Sanitary Napkin and Liners and currently available at Watsons, selected Mercury Drug and South Star Drug outlets, SM department store’s health and beauty section, Robinson’s Supermarket and selected department stores, Shopwise, Rustan’s Supermarket, Waltermart, Landmark Department Store, PCX stores, selected Metro Gaisano outlets, plus other selected stores in Visayas and Mindanao. You can also purchase online with free delivery via www.lazada.com.ph. For more health tips, visit www.jeunesseanion.com and follow YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: Jeunesse Anion. For inquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4701294.