Barangay Home COOK Pa More 2019 Edition wraps up in Bagong Barrio
Barangay Home COOK Pa More concludes its final leg of 2019 in Bagong Barrio, Caloocan City. Barangay Chairman of Barangay 144 Bryan E. Pascual opened the event and welcomed his constituents and the COOK Magazine team. Paulo Rodriguez, Phoenix SUPER LPG Head of Sales in the Luzon Area, introduced this newest brand in the LPG market. He also talked about basic safety tips when using LPG in the kitchen.
A fun Q and A game was conducted, forming the correct answers to the given questions using letters from PHOENIX. Raffle draws with prizes from the event sponsors and a game of COOK bingo were also played throughout the event.
Chef Greggie Mercado of Aging’s Food Delight did a demonstration of his Ube Kalamay recipe. Aging’s Food Delight also gave a heartwarming surprise birthday cake to COOK Magazine Sales Advertising Manager Marlon Aldenese, as the last leg of the event coincided with his birth month.
Michael John Rivera, Junior Sales Associate of Hyundai Home Appliances, was also there to introduce the brand and where consumers can buy its products. Sales Representative Jane Bugarin from Dermablend and Diana Stalder talked about the products and services that the brands offer like soaps, toners, lotions, sunblock, and more.
Guest Chef Leila B. Abari cooked two dishes—King Sue Chorizo Bilbao, Chicken, and Kangkong in Creamy Mustard Sauce and 2-way Adobo Rice with Chorizo, Mango and Kangkong. As part of the program, the COOK Magazine team held a cooking contest that requires three participants from the audience to recreate a recipe from the guest chef. Chef Leila’s second dish was the contest recipe, and lucky participants Heide Macapas, Marivic Parce, and Abigail Robles enthusiastically made their own versions of it. To their surprise, all three were hailed winners as they got to bring home their unused and leftover ingredients, other cooking accoutrements and the Phoenix SUPER LPG.
As per tradition, Baranggay Home COOK Pa More ended with a blackout of COOK bingo game, which lucky Bagong Barrio resident Emily Fausto won.
See you in season 5 of Baranggay Home COOK Pa More in 2020!
by Chef Greggie Mercado
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- In a Masflex non-stick wok or pan, pour the dry ingredients first then mix in the wet ingredients.
- Cook in medium heat until sticky.
- Pour in bilao lined with banana leaf.
- Let it cool before serving, and top it with latik and toasted coconut flakes. Enjoy!
King Sue Chorizo Bilbao, Chicken, and Kangkong in Creamy Mustard Sauce
by Chef Leila B. Abari
|Serves 4-5||Cooking Time 25 minutes|
- 1 to 2 tbsp oil
- white or red onion, thinly sliced
- King Sue Chorizo Bilbao, sliced diagonally or round
- 500g chicken fillet, diced or cut into strips
- 2 tbsp mustard
- water (as needed)
- 100ml cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- kangkong (clean and discard tough part, then cut into 3-inch length)
- In a pan, sauté onion in oil till translucent, stir in King Sue Chorizo Bilbao and chicken. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add mustard, stir with water and let simmer. Mix with cream and season to taste.
- Add spinach and cook for a minute then serve quickly.
2-Way Adobo Rice with Chorizo, Mango and Kangkong
by chef leila b. abari
|Serves 4-5||Cooking Time 25 minutes|
- 70 to 100g King Sue Chorizo Bilbao
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tbsp Marca Piña Adobo Marinade
- 2 cups cooked rice of choice (brown or white)
- 1/2 pc ripe mango, diced
- bunch of kangkong (stem cleaned and cut)
- 5 tbsp Marca Piña Spiced Coco Vinegar
- 4 tbsp Marca Piña Calamansi Soy Sauce
- nori seaweeeds (optional)
- sugar (optional)
- Slice half of King Sue Chorizo Bilbao into strips and chop the rest, render in a preheated pan and set aside.
- Using the oil from chorizo, lightly brown the garlic then add the kangkong leaves to stir.
- Pour Marca Piña Adobo Sauce then toss in rice. Serve with King Sue Chorizo Bilbao, diced mango and nori.
Other Way: Adobo Rice Rolled
- Separate some kangkong.
- Pour 2 tablespoon Marca Piña Spiced Coco Vinegar into rice.
- Place nori sheet, shiny side face down in bamboo mat. Spread rice, arrange your fillings (rice, chorizo, kangkong and mango) and roll.
- Cut rolls into 1/2 inch thick. Combine Marca Piña Spiced Coco Vinegar, calamansi, Marca Piña Soy Sauce and sugar for dip.