Make everyday meals a feast to remember with Hunt’s spaghetti sauces
Even if the holidays are over, every day can still be a feast worth celebrating with dishes and masterpieces that not only delight families, but also help bring out and year-round cheer around the dinner table.
Give your loved ones a hearty and tummy-filling experience with Crispy Menudo Lumpia and Seafood Lasagna Roll-ups, all whipped up using Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauces.
Crispy Menudo Lumpia
Make the crunchy fried lumpia dish even more delightful with this hearty filling.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1/4kg ground pork
- 250 g Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Pinoy Party Style
- ½ cup water
- 2 pcs. bay leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 1 can liver spread
- 3 pcs hotdogs, diced
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 10-15 pcs. square lumpia wrappers
- 2 pcs. egg whites
- Start off by sautéing garlic and onions. Add pork and cook until lightly browned. Add Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Pinoy Party Style, water, bay leaves and soy sauce, bringing it to a boil. Simmer, then add carrots and potatoes. Cook until liquid is mostly reduced. Mix in liver spread, hotdog and green peas, and cover for 2-3 minutes. Next, season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside and let cool. Spoon 2 tbsps of menudo over one lumpia wrapper, roll, and secure the edges by brushing with egg whites. Finally, deep-fry until golden brown.
Seafood Lasagna Roll-ups
Make mealtimes truly memorable with this shrimp-layered and crab sauce-filled lasagna dish.
- ¼kg shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
White crab sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 white onion
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup crab meat
- 2 tbsps. parsley, chopped
- 8-10 pcs lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Start by seasoning shrimp with salt, pepper, paprika and calamansi juice. Cook shrimps in olive oil for 1-2 minutes on each side, butterfly-cut each shrimp and set aside. Meanwhile, add butter to the same pan where shrimp was cooked. Sauté onion and garlic, add the cream and simmer until thick. Mix in the crab meat, cook for about 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and mix in parsley. Set aside.
- Next, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat. Add Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Parmesan Cheese, simmer until thick and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and mix in basil. Set aside. Finally, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- To assemble, lay lasagna noodles flat on a large surface. Spread about 3 tbsps. of the white crab sauce on each and top with pieces of shrimp, while leaving an inch at the top of each lasagna noodle empty. Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top (about 1 tbsp. each). Roll each lasagna noodle while securing the filling inside. Spread half of red sauce at the bottom of baking dish. Place all the lasagna roll-ups on top of the sauce, seam-side down. Keep the lasagna roll-ups close to each other to prevent unraveling. Spoon-in the remaining red sauce. Top with more mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake at 190C for 30 minutes. Garnish with basil leaves.
Simply satisfying, definitely delicious, but oh so easy to make—these dishes are a sure-hit for every home. Surprise your family and learn how to prepare these and other mouthwatering Hunt’s recipes by visiting BiteSized.ph on Facebook.
Make every day a feast to remember with Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauces. To learn more about the brand, visit its website at www.yummyhunts.com/.