Diana Stalder: From a Steel Pot to Skincare Empire
Diana Stalder Face, Body, Skin Care and Beauty Cafe President and CEO, Dina dela Paz-Stalder has her own story of humble beginnings. Celebrating dS Gateway’s 3rd anniversary, Dina recalls how she started. Back in the ‘90s, Dina was mixing up a batch of her first beauty potions, she prefers to call them “compoundings” in a stainless steel pot given to her from England, which she has kept until today.
Taking her first step independently, Dina started with a small drugstore, Beauchamps Pharmacy, in 1989. But she did not just stop there. In 1999, she further established BCP Dermatological Corporation as the marketing arm to distribute products, and the Stalder Laboratories Incorporation as the manufacturing arm to produce different products for every skin need.
Moreover, Diana Stalder Face, Body, Skin Care and Beauty Cafe was first established in 1996 with a name Dermaline Facial Center. The brand name was changed in 2004 carrying the name of Dina’s daughter, Diana Stalder, who is now a registered pharmacist and aesthetician following her mother’s steps into the business.
Now, Diana Stalder Face, Body, Skin Care Center has already been in the industry for 21 years. Dina presides over a skin care empire that includes five branches and counting and her own skincare manufacturing company, which boasts of a CGMP certification, which refers to the current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations enforced by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). “It’s better than an ISO certification,” says Dina. The reason they can keep their products at a high quality and at still reasonable prices is because they manufacture their own line.
Other than quality products, Diana Stalder also provides excellent service from basic care to anti-acne, anti-aging, whitening and other medical procedures, to high quality and luxurious treatment.
This is the best time to try their imported luxe line of facial treatments because as a treat both to new and loyal customers, they are offering discounts on their most indulgent treatments from July-September, in line with the third year anniversary of their Gateway branch. A number of these are from Casmara, a luxury beauty company from Spain with over 40 years of experience.
- The Nacar Treatment plus Blanc White is a combination of two powerful brands for fast and effective whitening plus anti-aging. It promotes skin lightening and illuminating which is suitable for all skin types, especially for skin with localized and diffuse blemishes.
- The Caviar Luxury Facial treatment plus dS Anti-Aging Kit is an Anti-Aging Fusion, which is an excellent way to get rid of wrinkles and sagging skin. Just the name alone of a Caviar Luxury facial already evokes indulgence. This is because the trace elements of caviar promote smoothness and elasticity.
- The Instalift Luxury Facial is so called because it’s non-invasive and an alternative to facial surgery in combination with Rgnerin Mask RT4 Retinol with Vitamin C, which stimulates cell regeneration. This treatment reduces fine lines and wrinkles, lift and tone facial muscles, firm facial contours and gives more youthful appearance. The Rgnerin Mask contains linseed oil, which softens and acts as an emollient while the aloe soothes and tones, and acts as an anti-irritant.
- Nothing says luxury like gold, and the Skin Sensations treatment includes Casmara Gold Mask 2080, which contains 24k gold dust and seaweed extract, which tightens the face and neckline combined with intense nutrition and revitalization. The seaweed extracts provides deep moisturization.
If there’s something Dina is really proud of, it is the excellent service they provide no matter the tier of treatment you choose. “We are a favorite of various local coupon sites because we never skimp on our facial supreme treatment; it’s always 15 steps,” she says with pride. At Diana Stalder, they start with evaluating your skin. They have a machine called the skin analyzer imported from Germany, which identifies your skin type and your problem areas, and they will tailor a regimen that is suitable for you.
Diana Stalder is also certified by the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC), and they adhere very strictly to their high standards of hygiene and aesthetics.
Diana herself, on top of her degree in pharmacy, also completed an intensive aesthetics course in the United Kingdom, where this practice is taken very seriously and involves a very high level of professionalism. This is the philosophy they apply across all their branches.
DS Cafe: Total Beauty and Wellness Concept
Because of their holistic approach to beauty, Diana Stalder also expanded their skincare center to include a cafe and juice bar. “I love cooking,” she shares, “and the food I serve here is also food that I enjoy.” Her philosophy for the cafe is to serve something that’s healthy but also enjoyable, rather than restrictive. The cafe offers salads, sandwiches, and various meals, all adhering to specific calorie counts and included healthy amounts of vegetables, protein and healthy carbs, so diners can make informed choices.
Such concept was borne from her dynamic vision who values healthy diet supplementation in better addressing various skin issues. Combining both skin treatments and healthy eating means more positive results. Adding to its offer a unique way to lose weight, Dina is the only Filipina coach of Canada’s Ideal Protein Weight Loss Program. This diet regimen utilizes precisely measured alternative food sources, customized to clients’ profiles and lifestyles for a more effective way to shed unwanted pounds in just few weeks.
Furthermore, dS Cafe promotes a healthy and relaxing way to celebrate any occasion with your family and friends with Sparty (term for their spa party), in which you can have facial and body treatments plus healthy meals and beverages.
Introducing New Healthy Recipes at DS Café
Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Quail Eggs
- 2lbs (1kg) shrimp cooked
- 12 pcs quail eggs hard-boiled and sliced
- 6 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups radicchio sliced
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dissolve the mustard with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the olive slowly mixing very well.
- To hard-boil eggs: Boil water. Add eggs. Lower temperature to simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Remove. Allow to cool.
- Place spinach in salad bowl, add salad dressing, mix and plate. Add raddichio.
- Top with shrimp surround with sliced eggs
NOTE: You can replace quail eggs with 8 whole chicken eggs.
Per serving: 391 Calories; 17g Fat; 51g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate
Pork Chops with Mushrooms
- 1 ½ lbs (3/4kg) pork chops 4 pieces
- 8 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1 tsp dill leaf
- 4 packets Ideal Protein Mushroom Soup prepared
- 1 tsp olive oil
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Remove all fat from pork.
- Sauté seasoned pork and set aside.
- In same pan, sauté mushrooms. Add dill leaf.
- Put half mushrooms in a baking dish, add pork chops and top with other half of mushrooms. Coat with mushroom soup.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the chops are cooked.
Per serving: 399 Calories; 19g Fat; 47g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate
Social Responsibility More Than A Business
More than just a business, Dina has also chose to be a strong advocate for causes such as the environment and community development. Dina built her manufacturing company in her hometown of San Isidro, a sleepy town in San Pablo, Laguna, providing employment and housing for people of various educational backgrounds that may not have had the opportunity otherwise. “It would have been easier to build a factory in the industrial zone,” she admits. “Everything is set up for you; all you have to do is build and plug in.” But as a daughter of a farmer, the grit and determination that served her well in business is something she applies equally to her causes, and there was never any question of not just giving back to her hometown, but empowering them.
Dina is equally proud of her company’s blue ribbon award from the Laguna Lake Development Authority that signifies environmentally responsible businesses, and it has to be said that this is a bar many other bigger companies have failed to clear. Dina animatedly talks about waste segregation and sludge/water recycling as enthusiastically as she does her company’s beauty treatments. With the help of the Mother Earth foundation, the community has also produced malunggay tea, mushrooms, and green charcoal. In what could be called a crowning achievement, in June, Dina Stalder was chosen as one of several featured honorees for Vice-President Leni Robredo’s development program “Istorya ng Pag-Asa”, that aims among other things, to inspire less privileged youth to never give up on their dreams as well as provide scholarship opportunities.
The business of the beauty is a competitive one and new trends and technologies keep popping up all the time. Both Dina and Diana constantly research and keep up by attending courses, completing certifications, and learning about all aspects relating to body care and skin care in Canada, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Dina and Diana bring the knowledge and technology back home to share with everyone. Indeed, the Stalders are continuously building their skincare empire.
To learn more of Diana Stalder’s products and services, visit the official website at www.dianastalder.com and follow us on our social media accounts; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dianastalderbydermaline, Twitter: @Diana_stalder and Instagram: @dianastalder. You may also visit the following Diana Stalder branches near you.
Gateway Mall, Basement 2, Araneta Center Cubao
02.351.0299 | 0922.822.6650
SM Megamall, 5/F Bldg A, Mandaluyong City
02.984.8188 | 0925.300.6395
SM Calamba, 3/F, Calamba Laguna
049.306.0602 | 0923.730.3738
SM Bacolod, 3/F North Wing, Bacolod City
034.468.0200 | 0932.489.7527
Robinson’s Place Iloilo, 2/F Ledesma Wing, Iloilo City
033.330.1554 | 0922.866.8236