Spanish Garlic Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 bulbs garlic (large), broken into cloves (skin on)
- 100g chorizo, sliced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 liter chicken stock
- 4 eggs, whole
- sour dough, toasted and torn into rough pieces
- salt and pepper
- Over low heat, heat oil in saucepan. Add garlic and fry gently for 15 minutes.
- Constantly stir, until the skins are golden brown and flesh is soft. Remove from heat.
- When slightly cool, squeeze out the flesh and discard the skins. Puree and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the chorizo and fry until crisp. Add thyme and pureed garlic. Stir in paprika and pour chicken stock. Bring to a gentle simmer and season with salt and pepper.
- About 2 minutes before serving, poach eggs in the soup and add pieces of sour dough. SERVE HOT!