Thai-Style Green Curry Lamb Shanks
- 4 pcs Australian Lamb Shanks
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled
- 3 stalks lemongrass (bottom white part), sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut in half
- 6 green finger chilies
- 4 green bird’s-eye chilies
- 1 bunch coriander
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 pcs eggplant, quartered
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 2 pcs kafir lime leaves
- coriander leaves for garnish
- Season Australian Lamb Shanks with salt and in a casserole, sear in hot oil until browned on all sides then set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine ginger, lemongrass, garlic, onion, finger chilies, bird’s-eye chilies, coriander, kafir lime leaves and fish sauce and process till smooth.
- In the same searing casserole, sauté blended curry paste.
- Add Australian Lamb Shanks back and pour coconut cream and water in.
- Simmer covered until lamb is tender and take lamb shanks out, about 1.5-2 hours. Add eggplants into the sauce and continue simmering uncovered until sauce is thick. Season to taste.
- Add Australian Lamb Shanks back to reheat and serve with steamed white rice.