Spring Blooms Bou-Cake
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp rose extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry
- 1/2 tsp white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 227g cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp rose extract1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp of food color pink, blue and yellow
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the rose extract and confectioners sugar and beat until smooth. Using the whisk attachment, gradually add the heavy cream and whip until the frosting is thick enough to pipe.
- Add more sugar or cream as needed to get the right consistency. Then split the mixture into four (4) to make different colored frosting.
Spring Blooms Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175-180°C) and line 24 paper cups in a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the fl our, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter until soft. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla extract and rose extract. Mix until combined, and then add the chopped cherries.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the fl our mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
- In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to ﬁ zz and then quickly fold into the cake batter.
- Scoop ﬁ rst the mixture using #22 ice scream scooper. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 18 – 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan. Let cool completely before frosting. Either spread the frosting with a knife or off set spatula, or use a large Wilton #1M Open Star decorating tip to pipe the frosting.
Tip: For your stem and butterﬂies you can use fondant or gumpaste.